Julius Baer, the Swiss private wealth management group, has announced the second edition of the Julius Baer Next Generation Art Prize (the “Prize”) for Asia, the group’s second home market. A testament to Julius Baer’s long tradition of supporting the arts and a prestigious award dedicated to the digital age, the prize aims to nurture young artistic talent across Asia, to discover and promote emerging voices, ideas and expressions that create impactful and meaningful art that defines and pushes the boundaries of the digital art medium.
Highlights of the second edition:-
- The Julius Baer Next Generation Art Prize returns for its second edition, expanding its reach beyond Southeast Asia to include artists in India and Greater China.
- The Prize is dedicated to artwork in digital mediums and will recognise next generation art talents in this digital age.
- From a prize pool of USD 60,000, six winners will be selected, each standing to win USD 10,000 and a place on a virtual Art x Tech Accelerator Programme led by non- profit organisation The MeshMinds Foundation.
- The judging panel includes artists Refik Anadol and Shubigi Rao; curator Fu LiaoLiao; Shivajirao Gaekwar from Sotheby’s, India; Theresa McCullough, Asian Civilisations Museum; Simon Fisher from Ocula.
- The winners will showcase their winning concepts in a virtual and interactive art exhibition in July 2023.
- The Julius Baer Next Generation Art Prize invites artists residing in India, Greater China, and Southeast Asia, aged 21 to 40, to submit concept proposals in a specialised digital medium of their choice. These concepts can range in digital media, such as graphic images, videos, generative art, augmented or virtual reality, or interactive art.
Entries open from 19 October to 27 November 2022 at https://www.juliusbaer.com/