LETTER FROM THE EDITOR
New year, new look.
It’s been three years since ArtCultureFestival.in came into being and like every new born, it reflected changes in styles and formats from time to time with new ideas being absorbed. Our aim when we started out was to highlight all that was happening in the world of arts – visual and performing — with equal zest. We wanted to touch upon every aspect of a genre and report/list the latest in our purview with equal gusto. As we forged new partnerships and discovered new mediums, the ambit of what we wanted to bring to you through our website grew even more.
Surely, soon enough, there was so much to share in each of the genres that we explored that our bandwidth grew considerably and our homepage looked packed and ready to explode! With all the information that we had to share, there were times that we could not do justice to the new elements that we introduced. So closer towards the end of 2018, when we met to review what more we would like to offer our readers, we all agreed on one thing — a new format.
So here we are, with the brand new look of artculturefestival.in with a home page that is compact, cleaner, easy on the eye and so much easier to navigate. Certainly, we remain true to our DNA, packing in the information with equal zeal. The new format has everything that got you addicted to our website in the first place – art news, event announcements, reviews, features, interviews, blogs, videos, columns by experts, listings of artists and spaces … basically everything that you need to keep you abreast of the Indian arts scene.
The change is about how we have packaged the information bomb, the information placement and shedding of any clutter that seemed to be distracting for our new and loyal readers. For your ease and convenience, here’s a quick mapping of some of our key features.
· Better mobile experience. The new format is designed to give you a quick access to our highlights and big stories. It is easy to scroll and pleasant to the eye. Read away!
· Clean layout for the website. A re-jig of our popular columns were a big factor in our redesign. The new website extends a clean, de-cluttered format that is easy to navigate and respond to.
· We have re-slotted our most popular sections and placed them within easy navigation access. Popular videos from our YouTube channel, the latest podcast and even our social media channels have been integrated on the homepage itself. All a click away!
· Compact slider: The new slider on the website is now compact and an easy to scroll. Design of the slider now allows you to see the best from our lot in three easy slots. You can of course click on the one that catches your eye and read the full story.
· Daily news: Your daily art fix is now an easy scroll slider at the top when you open our home page.
· Direct Whatsapp sharing: We have also integrated whastapp sharing with the website directly. No, you don’t have to copy paste the link in whatsapp for sharing. Instead, click on the icon and there your job is done!
· Like to get an in-depth perspective? The popular sections, apart of featuring in the drop down section find place on the home page with the latest story featured more prominently.
There is all of this and so much more. And while we list these new features, we wish to add that the coming month would see incorporation of more new features. The redesign is a collective effort of our design, editorial and production teams. The three divisions have worked tirelessly and diligently to create a better platform. And this is not the final word. To make enhance your reading experience, we have planned and scheduled some interesting features and columns from the experts that you would see unfold in the coming days, even months.
So dear friends, since all these efforts are being made keeping you in mind, we would really like you to share your feedback and thoughts. Drop us a line with your suggestions – on stories you’d like to read, people you’d want us to cover, related advice that you’d like to seek. We are all ears.
And yes, please do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter.
Have a good day!